TRF
December 18, 2017, 09:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: world server is full - 1017
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
Read November 17, 2013, 08:26:53 PM #0
somberlain
FC APP - The Somberlain

Hi, sorry about the tardiness with the app - been a busy week.

Please provide a link to your lodestone

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4771418/

What names or aliases do you typically go by online?
Empathogen, Somberlain

Tell us about yourself(age, school/job, career, location etc)

30/m/melb, currently looking for work but i'm in the legal field and currently studying postgrad part time.

Who you were refereed to TRF by anybody and if you were will they vouch for you?

Minbari is an old guildmate of mine from World of Warcraft. I don't think he ever saw me fail at clicking the cube on Magtheridon in Burning Crusade so hopefully yes.

What other games have you played, for how long, classes, play style, achievements etc.
World of Warcraft - vanilla to early Cata, mainly warlock/death knight/rogue. Rank 12 under the pre-arena pvp system, 2000+ teams in 2s and 3s.
Guild Wars 2 - few months on mesmer at max lvl, 4 path arah and lvl 25+ fractal before quitting.
SWTOR - got Sith Marauder and Assassin to max lvl, played a bit of huttball and stopped when all my friends bailed.

why are you playing FFXIV?
Recommended by friends, it definitely feels like the most polished MMO I've played since WoW. I'm a sucker for FF lore, but ultimately an MMO can't be sustained without a good group of dudes from your timezone to kill dragons with. I'm a laid back dude that can dodge red circles most of the time, and I think I'd be an asset.

Read November 18, 2013, 11:36:54 AM #1
Re: FC APP - The Somberlain

Thanks for getting something up. I know you can play from your efforts the other night.

Just a few things I'd like to add/ask, I'm just being straight up with you;

Did you want to join the FC or just the coil group? (You can join the FC just for this game and still keep your original guild for the future, either way is fine)

How committed to this game are you? I understand you have been busy but you did turn up late last night and took an entire week to make this post. (I just had to rebuild this group, not keen on doing it weekly)

I am quite happy to have you in the FC/Coil group, but atm I am trailing Miyo as tank so you would be sub right as of now.

Keep in mind that crystal tower is due to land soon and we may rotate people in the coil group.

Don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm just giving you the truth of how things are right now and I would love to have you in the FC.

Read November 18, 2013, 02:06:15 PM #2
somberlain

Not a problem, I appreciate your candor.

Right now I believe I'm the only person from my current FC still playing, everyone else has let their subscription lapse. I'm happy to keep this game going and see the next content patch, but obviously it's quite difficult to play an MMO by yourself and maintain the interest.

Apologies for this week, it's been the exception rather than the rule. I'm happy to join TRF and warm the bench for the Coil group.

Read November 18, 2013, 02:17:37 PM #3

Sorry to hear your buds didn't stick around. I think we've all been in this jam before.

I'm very happy to have in the FC! We are pretty easy going and still run a lot of dungeons, relic runs and will be doing crystal tower when it comes out.

I have updated your perms on the forums and will hook you up with a FC invite when I get home tonight, or just hit me up when you're online.

Welcome

Read November 19, 2013, 07:33:30 AM #4
SKYeXile

Sorry to hear your buds didn't stick around. I think we've all been in this jam before.

I'm very happy to have in the FC! We are pretty easy going and still run a lot of dungeons, relic runs and will be doing crystal tower when it comes out.

I have updated your perms on the forums and will hook you up with a FC invite when I get home tonight, or just hit me up when you're online.

Welcome

You updated the perms? Check this guy out.

Added to the FFXIV group though for OCD compliance.

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 CSS