TRF
August 19, 2017, 03:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Experience playing FFXIV, simply refresh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools  
Read April 02, 2012, 01:51:24 PM #0
SKYeXile
Game of Thrones

it actually got up to 500kbs just as i changed it to a cap of 30 k/bs.

fibre, useless.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:30:26 AM by Helenne »

Read April 02, 2012, 02:54:23 PM #1
Alcifer
Re: leeching scum.

374mb for the crappy version? 1.3 gig for the 720? Still using shitty, fucking encoding methods I see.

Changing the container was nice and all (but that should of been done years ago) but they should of just gone all the way and made everyone still crying for 350mb avi files to HTFU, replace their dinosaur computers and jammed 10bit encoding down their throats.

Read April 02, 2012, 03:20:12 PM #2
SKYeXile

lol all these torrents still use shitty codec's and encoding, i dont download many that arnt that similar sort of size/quality.

Read April 02, 2012, 03:39:44 PM #3
Alcifer

lol all these torrents still use shitty codec's and encoding, i dont download many that arnt that similar sort of size/quality.

You've gotta cater to all those people with 5 gig of quota who want to be able to fit two episodes on a cd and then watch them on their windows media player with a ten year old version of divx and a 1024x768 monitor...

Wait, no, that's a little harsh. I'm sure they've learned how to burn a cd that runs in their dvd players and watch it on their big screen tv. You totally can't tell the difference in picture quality. And wow man, check out this 64kbps mp3's I leeched of the internetz, they're totally cd quality.

I'm sure they'd of left the container as avi if they didn't have so many brain dead mongs complaining they couldn't get their leeched videos to play on their ipods and converting their own pirated shit was too hard.

Read April 03, 2012, 07:05:44 PM #4

yeah fuck getting it on the Monday evening - I was getting 20k a sec down, stopped gave up and fired it up early this morning  - 700k a sec

Read April 04, 2012, 12:30:41 AM #5

2nd season first episode was a lot of set up. Although the baby purging was fun. Should start getting really good soon.

Read April 04, 2012, 10:33:34 AM #6
SKYeXile

lol

Read April 04, 2012, 11:17:34 AM #7
Alcifer

2nd season first episode was a lot of set up. Although the baby purging was fun. Should start getting really good soon.

Yeah and it didn't help the episode that it was trying to condense and externalize a lot of characters internal thoughts in such a short amount of time.

Read April 04, 2012, 12:18:10 PM #8
SKYeXile

Yea game of thrones world is so large and it covers so many characters, they need to spend more time with each and have the season have more episodes in it.

even last season felt sort of the same.

Read April 04, 2012, 01:11:12 PM #9
Alcifer

Yea game of thrones world is so large and it covers so many characters, they need to spend more time with each and have the season have more episodes in it.

even last season felt sort of the same.

It suffers from a couple of problems in translation due to his writing style. The first is there's lots of internal monologue of the characters so you really know what they feel and the conflicts they're having, but short of of having the world 'stop' and the characters voice their thoughts straight to the camera, there's only so much the actors expressions can do and so much you can rewrite into new dialogue. Davos will be interesting to see this season, he's a very conflicted character who keeps his thoughts to himself.

The other, which they've largely gotten around is that due to his fixed character perspective writing a lot of what you take for fact is second hand information or innuendo. Shuffle a few scenes around, throw in a random whore to be at a scene so you can see something first hand from a character Martin doesn't write from the perspective of.

I suppose though, the more episodes you get, the less he writes, the longer new stuff takes to get published...

Read April 05, 2012, 01:18:55 AM #10

I really liked Sean Beans character last season, but you are suppose to. He's the likable character.

The dwarf on the other hand, is conflicted. His motivations aren't always obvious and his character flaws are many. He strikes me as a 'True Neutral' type of character. He doesn't care about laws or societies constraints of good or evil. He looks after himself and a few loyalties (his women and to a lesser extent his family). However, for all his faults, he's one of the few truely honest characters.

Read April 05, 2012, 01:40:35 PM #11

I really liked Sean Beans character last season, but you are suppose to. He's the likable character.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg</a>

They will be as TRF through and through

Read April 05, 2012, 01:58:26 PM #12
SKYeXile

i think the only show iv seen where Sean Bean didn't die is Ronin.

also E02 is up.

Read April 10, 2012, 12:28:09 AM #13

Watched E2. Good progression so far.

Read April 17, 2012, 10:42:26 AM #14
SKYeXile

And #3 is up now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Jump to:  

Theme by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines XHTML 1.0 CSS